*All prices exclude GST if applicable
The RFD900+ is a high performance 900MHz, ISM band radio modem covering the 902 – 928 MHz frequency band. It is designed for long range serial communications applications requiring best in class radio link performance.
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier.
- RX SAW filter.
- Passive front end band pass filter.
- Open source firmware (V1.x) / tools, field upgradeable, easy to configure.
- Small, light weight.
- Compatible with 3DR / Hope-RF radio modules.
- License free use in Australia, Canada, USA, NZ.
The RFD900 is designed to be compliant with the following standards:
- FCC Part 15.247 (Frequency hopping and digitally modulated intentional radiators)
- AS/NZS 4268:2012 (Radio equipment and systems – short range devices)
- Frequency Range: 902 – 928 MHz (USA) / 915 – 928 MHz (Australia)
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @ <20dBm, +/- 0.5dB >=20dBm typical )
- Air Data transfer rates: 4, 8, 16, 19, 24, 32, 48, 64, 96, 128, 192 and 250 kbit/sec ( 64k/128k default )
- UART data transfer rates: 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200 baud ( 57600 default )
- Receive Sensitivity: >121 dBm at low data rates, high data rates (TBA)
- Size: 30 mm (wide) x 57 mm (long) x 12.8 mm (thick) – Including RF Shield, Heatsink and connector extremities
- Weight: 14.5g
- Mounting: 3 x M2.5 screws, 3 x header pin solder points
- Power Supply: +5 V nominal, (+3.5 V min, +5.5 V max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. Range: -40 to +85 deg C
- RF : 2 x RP-SMA antenna connectors – it is OK to have only one antenna connected
- Serial: Logic level RS232 (+3.3v nominal, +5v tolerant)
- Power: +5v, ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: 6 General purpose IO (Digital, ADC, PWM capable).
The following cable from FTDI is compatible with the RFD900 modem. Pin 1 of the FTDI cable connects to Pin 1 of the RFD900 header.
To power the modem from the +5V USB power, a jumper is needed between pins 4 and 6.
To power the modem from an external +5V supply, connect power to pins 2 and 4.